LED Street Lights Advantage
- Low energy consumption: Many LED lighting retrofits have been claimed to dramatically reduce energy use, but in actual case studies lower energy use is limited and tied to LED street light reduced lighting levels
- Better exact LED street lights color rendering: The color rendering index is the ability of a light source to properly reproduce the colors of the objects in comparison to an ideal light source. Improved color rendering makes it easier for drivers to recognize objects.
- Long and predictable life: The projected lifetime of LED street lights is generally 10 to 15 years, two to four times the life of today widespread HPS.
- Quick turn on and off: Unlike fluorescent and high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps, such as mercury vapor, metal halide, and sodium vapor lamps, which take time to heat up once switched on, LEDs come on with complete brightness instantly.
- Immediate restart: Unlike mercury vapor, metal halide and sodium vapor lamps (commonly used in street lighting), LEDs don’t have a problem restarting immediately (hot ignition) after a brief power failure or accidental turn off.